Saturday, December 15, 2007

Two extended Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII trailers

I wasn't really looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII. Mainly because it will be directed by Motomu Toriyama of Final Fantasy X-2. But Toriyama did an excellent job on Revenant Wings. Then there is that brooding protagonist, Lightning, whose designed reminds me of another brooding Final Fantasy character. Now to me that is not a good thing, but it is still early days. But how about some facial variations for once Nomura?


Lightning demonsrates the real time battle system



Shiva morphs


Anyway the new extended trailer of XIII and Versus XIII are hot. XIII more so than Versus XIII (super moody characters FTL). I am digging the real time battle scenes of XIII, though it remains to be seen if Toshiro Tsuchida can match or surpass the Active Dimension Battle system from Final Fantasy XII. Not sure about a Shiva capable of turning her goddess (twin) self into a motorcycle though... If the final game matches the target render seen in the trailer then I have no idea how long it will be for me to be able to resist the PS3.



No comments: