Friday, September 30, 2005

Subterranean London

I hate control freaks and office politics.

-

If you have an unhealthy obsession with the subterranean world then do check out this week's TimeOut London. Thanks to Annie for pointing it out. I managed to snag a copy (paid for) in Victoria today.



Included in the issue is a guide to 19 of London's hip underground restaurants. All of which I could hardly afford. A couple of rare pictures of people sheltering and sleeping in the Tube network during The Blitz also graced the feature.

I also found out that the 'graffitied' concrete pillbox in Stockwell, which I pass through almost weekly is in fact the entrance to the now disused deep-level WWII air raid shelter. Same with the curious building we saw in Clapham Common last month.

-

Planet of the Apes?

2 comments:

annie mole said...

Glad you liked the Time Out Jon, this week's is the 2nd part - Secret London.

Jon Choo said...

BTW, got the e-mail on the birthday pictures. Ugh, I need to work out and eat less!