Thursday, January 13, 2005

More iPod rant

More anti iPod rants but this time not by me...

http://www.kantor.com/blog/2004/12/index.shtml#000423

Andrew Kantor compares the iPod to a Toyota Camry. I fully agree with Andrew and am still perplex with the so called iPod phenomenon. Andrew has been at the receiving end of childlike behaviour from iPod owners.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/127025/1/.html

Creative, who by the way, created the market for harddrive based digital audio player a few years ago, has accused Apple of creating a product (iPod Shuffle) that uses four year old technology. Exactly my sentiment! When I first heard that Apple was going to release a flash based iPod, my thoughts were they were just going to rehash the iPod Mini, make is smaller and use cheap flash memory. I was wrong. It was worst. I still have to ask - no screen! Apple fans has been touting the shuffle function of the iPod Shuffle. Er, excuse me - that is not a new function. And what about that one elusive track that you wanted to share with someone? Without a screen you won't be able to find it!

I have been ranting about Apple for a couple of weeks now, so I will rant about their rival - Microsoft now.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/200501_windows.mspx

That's right. More security patches coming our way. And these are patches for critical flaws found on Windows 98 all the way up to Windows Server 2003. When will Microsoft learn? Having said that I find Windows XP far more stable than Mac OS X.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon Choo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon Choo said...

Anonymous coward.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon Choo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roark Fan said...

Well said!

I really want a great MP3/video player. I'm b*ggered if I know what would be good though, and I really don't want to join the ranks of the iPod hordes.

Any tips on the best one available?
Thanks!
Ellers

Jon Choo said...

Archos makes excellent portable video players and some of them are capable of recording videos straight of the telly.