Wednesday, November 24, 2004

HTC Magician review...coming soon


HTC Magician: a PDA, a mobile phone, a web surfer, a e-mail checker, a dictionary, a game console, a video player, a music player, a digital camera etc

Sold off my HP iPAQ h4150 and its accessories. My Nokia 7610 is still awaiting in eBay but its climbing slowly. If it does hit my target price, I would actually get back some money by selling the h4150 and the 7610 and getting this expensive little thingy.

Ever since eons ago I have always wanted a hybrid phone because during the 6 months spring/summer period I do not have enough pockets for my gagdets, wallet, keys, coins etc. But the ones released were always although excellent, were just too big. Exception is the Treo 650 but there is no GSM version yet.

Anyway, this is due to arrive in a couple of days as it is shipping from Germany (with a German language ROM - but the HTC English ROM is due soon). It is not a huge upgrade from my h4150. 416Mhz, 64Mb RAM, 64Mb ROM, QVGA 2.8" LCD screen, GSM/GPRS, Bluetooth v1.2, 1.3Megapixel and 1200mAh Li-Ion battery. What I do lose is the WiFi capability but I don't care. I only use WiFi on the h4150 a couple of times. What I need now is a 2Gb card as my 512Mb card is seriously lacking.

How I am going to laugh at those city slickers who have to juggle three to four devices (mobile, RIM BlackBerry and/or PDA and iPod).

No comments: